Monday, September 14, 2009

Open eves on the front porch

The east and west sides of the house are nearly completed. Before returning the scaffolding, we used it to drop the front gutter and tear off the aluminum facia and soffits on the front porch. Then we put the gutter back up. The roof deck underneath is in great condition. It was most likely replaced at some point. The rafter tails will clean up nicely too.

A few very cool things happened when we tore off the ugly soffits. We gained 8 inches of headroom on the front step. The tops of the porch windows are now visible from the road. And we straightened out the poorly hung gutter. The front roofline now looks nice and straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment