Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Porch door threshold

With the new wood screen door in place, we needed a new threshold for the porch door. The old one was rotting from water damage. When I pulled the threshold up, the floor boards looked great underneath. I cleaned the area up and gave it a coat of primer. I bought a new oak threshold and primed the back of it. To get the right look and color, the stain was traditional pecan, followed by numerous coats of amber shellac, then a couple coats of wax free shellac. To weather proof it, a coat of spar varnish. The door will match the threshold once it's refinished.

No comments:

Post a Comment